You are the future, so help take care of it!
Going green does not have to be expensive, in fact it can save you a lot of money!
Below are a few tips you can start implementing right now:
- Shop Resale; buy second-hand when you can.
- Turn off the lights when you walk out of the room.
- Replace traditional plastic bags with cloth totes.
- Use a reusable water bottle.
- Turn of the water faucet when brushing your teeth.
- Put your computer and video games in sleep mode when you walk away.
- Borrow instead of buying.
- Don’t dump old items, donate.
- Lower your speed when driving. 55mph compared to 70mph save you up to 50% of your gas bill on the same trip.
- Use the recycle bin every chance you get!
You can Go Green at Eastex CU too!
We believe that taking care of our members means taking care of our community too!
- Bank Online – Save fuel by making transfers, viewing your statements, and applying for a loan or new account online, safely and securely.
- Sign-Up for E-Statements – Ditch the paper and get electronic statements instead.
- Use Mobile Deposit – Save paper and fuel by downloading the Android or iPhone app and using Eastex CU Mobile Deposit feature. With it, you can securely deposit checks into your checking or savings by simply taking a photo.
- Use Direct Deposit – If your employer offers direct deposit, sign up. You can skip a trip to the credit union on payday and have your payroll deposited directly into your account.