Spring semester is here already, and before you know it Summer will be over and then…COLLEGE. We know you’ve waited for what seems like forever to get to college, and all your hard work has finally paid off. Eastex wants to help ease the expenses of college life!
We are happy to announce we have six $500 Scholarships to award to six deserving applicants. These applicants will be 2017 - 2018 graduating high school seniors and current college underclassmen that are members of this credit union and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Submit a completed application (click here for the application).
- Submit a 250-word essay entitled “What field of study do you plan to seek? What are the most important issues your field is facing today?”
- Proof of a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5.
- Two letters of recommendations from professors (underclassmen).
- An official transcript of classes (underclassmen)
- The applicant must be a member in good standing with Eastex CU.
To apply, click here to download the scholarship application and to learn more about our criteria and eligibility. Local senior students and currently enrolled underclassmen are strongly encouraged to apply.