The home buying process can often be frustrating but it doesn't have to be. If you bank with us, you will receive excellent rates and terms on your Mortgages and home loans in Southeast Texas.
Mortgages and Home Loans at Eastex Credit Union
If you’re in the market for a new home, we’ve got lots of mortgage and home loan options. Our solutions for home loans include:
- Traditional mortgages - Get the home of your dream with a conventional fixed rate mortgage. We offer up to 95% financing with approved credit.
- Mortgage refinancing - Finance your home loan elsewhere? We can help you find ways to possibly reduce your monthly payments with a better interest rate.
Home Buying Resources
- Home buying tips - use these tips for help when you are in the market for a new home.
- Think Long Term. When buying a home, think of it as a long term decision. If you can not commit to staying in one place for at least a few years, then buying a home is probably not for you just yet. You may end up losing money through the transaction cost of buying and selling a home.
- Get Your Credit in Line. As you will most likely need a mortgage to buy your home, it is important to make sure your credit history is in good standing. Before you begin house hunting, review your credit report and fix any problems you may discover.
- Buy a House for Your Budget. Don’t buy more house than you really need. When thinking about your budget, a good rule of thumb is to buy a house that’s value is about two-and-one-half times your annual salary. It is also recommended to make sure your monthly payment is no more than 25% of your monthly take home pay. Click here to use our mortgage calculator to help you figure out how much house you can afford. When figuring what your monthly payment should be, keep in mind other factors including car payments, other debts, and saving for retirement.
- Get Pre-Approved. Getting pre-approved will help you when hunting for a home. It will keep you from looking at houses that are out of your budget while putting you in a better position to make a serious offer when you find the right house for you. Click here to apply for your mortgage loan.
- Mortgage Calculator - use this calculator to help you run the numbers and find the home of your dreams.
Got questions about mortgages and home loans in Southeast Texas?
Buying a home is a big investment, and we don’t want you to take on the challenge by yourself, so if you’ve got any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
If you’re ready, you can apply for a mortgage loan today!