Teachers have the most important job in the world. They educate, coach, and mentor their students while inspiring a love of learning, and fostering creativity and growth. Teachers make difficult concepts understandable and make the mundane seem extraordinary. Teachers serve as role models affecting every aspect of a child’s learning from preschool to college and beyond. Teachers are hard workers who deeply care about their students, and will go to great lengths and try multiple teaching methods to ensure that every child is successful and grasps the concepts and ideas being taught.
Ben Franklin, understanding the correlation between education and success said, “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” At Eastex CU, we couldn’t agree more. Having a passionate, motivated, and effective teacher with a classroom full of engaging academic tools is crucial for students, but we also understand that sometimes school budgets prevent acquiring the necessary teaching resources and supplies. That’s why we have established the Extra Credit Award to help provide teachers with the tools and resources required to shape their students’ futures.
Eastex Credit Union will award $500 to one teacher from each of the following school districts: Buna, Evadale, Kirbyville, Kountze, and Silsbee Independent School Districts. In order to be considered for this award, you must submit an online application and essay by Tuesday, August 1, 2017. The essay must be a minimum of 500 words explaining why your classroom deserves this award and how it will impact the students. Perhaps you want to turn your classroom into an underwater oasis with new paint and wall decor, start an in-class library, have a seasonal classroom garden, or purchase items that will help your students stay focused on the tasks at hand. Let us know how you would spend the $500 award in a compelling essay, and you may get the chance to have your wishes come true.
Award Entry Details
Each entry must include the following information:
- Completed Online Application Click here for Application
- Minimum 500 Word Essay: The essay must consist of a minimum of 500 words explaining why the entrant’s classroom deserves this award and how it will impact the students.
- A $500 Extra Credit Award will be given to one teacher from each of the following school districts: Buna, Evadale, Kirbyville, Kountze, and Silsbee ISDs for a total of $2,500 awarded.
- Only one entry per teacher. No transfers of award allowed.
- The award winners will receive a check for $500. Winners are to use the money for classroom supplies or related items.
- Winners agree to provide pictures of items purchased with the Extra Credit Award. These pictures may be used in the Eastex CU newsletter, website and social media.
- Winners will be announced at respective “Back to School” breakfast or lunch. Eastex CU is the sole judge of all matters regarding the Extra Credit Award and reserves the right to change, modify or discontinue the award at any time without notice. All decisions by Eastex CU are final.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Only complete applications will be considered. Applications must be received by 11:59pm on 8/1/17.
For questions or additional information please contact Connie Hawthorne via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.