Teachers have the most important job in the world. They are responsible for educating the future leaders, entrepreneurs, writers, inventors, doctors, and every other profession imaginable. Teachers are hard workers, always busy interacting with students and adapting lesson plans and teaching methods to make sure the concepts and material is not just memorized but comprehended. They continually inspire and encourage their students and help teach them the life skills necessary to be a productive, kind, and educated member of society.
Teachers invest lots of their personal time to their students, by tutoring those who need some extra help after school, scheduling conferences with parents in the evenings, and grading papers late into the night. They also invest their own money into creating classrooms that will inspire and excite their students. While most schools have lists of supplies that students in each grade will need, teachers are often left purchasing their own supplies when those are depleted. In addition to serving every other hard-working member of the community, Eastex Credit Union is proud to consider itself a credit union for teachers. That’s why we created a way to help ease the financial burden for five local teachers.
Teachers Deserve Extra Credit
Eastex Credit Union will award $500 to one teacher from each of the following school districts; Buna, Evadale, Kirbyville, Kountze & Silsbee ISD’s. Eastex CU wants to provide teachers with the tools and resources required to shape their student’s future.
Award Entry Details
Each entry must include the following information:
- Completed Online Application Click here for Application.
- Minimum 500 Word Essay: The essay must consist of a minimum of 500 words explaining why the entrant’s classroom deserves this award and how it will impact the students.
- A $500 Extra Credit Award will be given to one teacher from each of the following school districts: Buna, Evadale, Kirbyville, Kountze & Silsbee ISD’s for a total of $2,500 awarded.
- Only one entry per teacher. No transfers of award allowed.
- The award winners will receive a check for $500. Winners are to use the money for classroom supplies or related items.
- Winners agree to provide pictures of items purchased with the Extra Credit Award. These pictures may be used in Eastex CU newsletter, website and social media.
- Winners will be announced at respective “Back To School” breakfast or lunch. Eastex CU is the sole judge of all matters regarding the Extra Credit Award and reserves the right to change, modify or discontinue the award at any time without notice. All decisions by Eastex CU are final.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 30, 2018
Only complete applications will be considered. Applications must be received by 11:59pm on 4/30/18.
For questions or additional information please contact Connie Hawthorne via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.