March Madness and Sweet Sixteen are terms that are heard everywhere this time of year. Typically, they are referencing the best college basketball teams in the country, but our sweet sixteen list is compiled of the sixteen top things about Eastex Credit Union.
16. Convenient branches. With full-service branches in Evadale, Kirbyville, Silsbee, and Kountze, plus a Connect on the Go in Buna, you have several locations to choose from.
15. ATM Partners. We offer our members the benefit of withdrawing cash from other credit union locations surcharge-free. The list of no-surcharge credit union partners is available here.
14. Budgeting Tools. Make informed financial decisions with the help of Eastex CU’s financial calculators. Estimate your monthly mortgage or auto payments, plan for retirement, and see how much you can save with these helpful budget tools.
13. Safe Deposit Boxes. Rest easy knowing that your most valuable documents are safe, secure, and protected in an indestructible steel safe deposit box designed to hold up against fire, theft, and flooding. Safe deposit boxes are available at our Silsbee branch.
12. Transparency. By having an account at Eastex CU, you are a shareholder. As a shareholder, you are invited to our annual meetings and have access to the information compiled for our annual reports.
11. Payment Protection. At Eastex, we are proud to offer payment protection services to keep our members’ lives, homes, and finances secure.
10. Deposit Insurance. Each and every account our members have comes with deposit insurance up to $250,000, which is provided by ASI.
9. IRAs. Make Eastex part of your retirement plan. We offer two types of IRA accounts, Traditional and Roth.
8. Certificates. Grow your savings with investment certificates from Eastex. You can open one with as little as $500 and terms as short as three months.
7. Credit Cards. Visa credit cards from Eastex CU feature low-interest rates, no annual fees, interest-free grace periods, and rewards. They are a great way to build credit and nice to have for unexpected expenses.
6. Savings. At Eastex CU, your savings account earns dividends that are calculated and paid quarterly.
5. Mobile Banking and Online Banking Account Access. Stay on top of your finances by being able to access your Eastex CU accounts, no matter where you are.
4. Teaching Financial Responsibility. Teaching the younger generations how to be financially smart is a top priority. We strive to do this with our iSaveCU and CU Days at Your School initiatives.
3. Community Involvement. We are committed to giving back to the communities we serve. Local scholarships, fundraisers, and sponsorships are just a few of the ways we support our towns.
2. Best Loans. Whether you’re buying an automobile, motorcycle, ATV, RV, farm equipment, new home, renovating, or just need a vacation, we’ve got the best loans in Southeast Texas.
1. Our Members. The top thing about Eastex CU is our members. They are definitely the winners in our bracket.